- Freak out when receiving [RTMT-ALERT-StandAloneCluster] NumberOfRegisteredGatewaysDecreased alert.
- Hope the traces have been enabled in CUCM. The default Error level on CallManager should be sufficient.
- Go to RTMT | Trace & Log Central | Collect Files
- Choose Cisco CallManager
- Choose Cisco Database Layer Monitor
- Set the date and time as close to the alert times as reasonably possible.
- Download the files somewhere you can find them.
- Search SDL file for DMRemoteDeviceRegisterUnRegister
- The last column indicates gateway in question (i.e. S0/SU0@MyRouter:10.10.3.1)
- Fix something.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
Find MGCP gateway associated with CUCM NumberOfRegisteredGatewaysDecreased alert
After configuring RTMT NumberOfRegisteredGatewaysDecreased alert to deliver information via email, found associated gateway details are not included in the email. This can be a real problem on larger scale deployments with multiple gateways and no other reporting tools available.
To find the gateway in question: