When building new servers on Cisco UCS BE6K / BE7K chassis, you likely have all the OVAs you need already on the datastore(s). My problem is I never remember the HTP URL syntax to use to point the "Deploy OVF Template" dialog back to the datastore. I typically end up downloading the OVA to my loccal PC and then uploading it again via the dialog because you can simply browse file your file share for the file. You can enter a URL instead to save the hassle but what is it?
I don't know.
Here's a nice VMware document on the syntax but in the time it takes to figure it out, you could have been down my silly upload / download way: https://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-55/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.wssdk.pg.doc%2FPG_Appx_Http_Access.21.3.html
Try this instead:
- Open a browser and navigate to http://your_ESXi_interface/folder.
- You'll be challenged for a user that has access to the ESXi environment.
- Enter the credentials and you should be able to drill down to the file you are looking for, right in your browser.
- When you find the one you want, right click and Copy Link Location (in Firefox, or the equivalent in your browser).
- Return to the "Deploy OVF Template" dialog box and paste.
Yeah. Easy giant URL.